Veterinarian training courses library : Dog / Expert
Dr. Andrew KENTVideo time : 21 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAInternal medicine Respiratory
Teaching goals available soon
Video time : 19 min + MCQCardiology
- Understand when to consider a patient may be refractory and when to add another drug
- Understand the risk factors for refractory epilepsy
- Understanding the decision making around selecting an appropriate AED
- Understand how to perform a diagnostic ECG
- Be able to replicate the correct steps to interpret an ECG
- Understand what B-lines are.
- Be able to perform a VET BLUE Examination.
Dr. Florent DUPLANVideo time : 29 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAHepatology
- Definition of PUO: hyperthermia vs fever vs pyrexia
- The importance of clinical history and physical examination
- Common causes of fever in dogs & cats
- Complications: the wrong therapy
- Suggested diagnostic protocol
Video time : 24 min + MCQAnesthesiology and analgesia
- Understand the different liver parameters measured on serum biochemistry
- Understand the key concepts in interpreting liver parameters
- Incorporating regional anesthesia into the anesthesia protocol can reduce the surgical stress response in dogs undergoing a TPLO operation.
- Ultrasound-guided blocks are preferable to nerve stimulator or landmark-based blocks.
- Lidocaine is a short-acting local anesthetic.
- Bupivacaine and Ropivacaineis are long-acting local anesthetics.
- The candidates can understand with ease the secondary and tertiary haemostasis, and gain better knowledge on how to interpret the most commonly offered tests by laboratories.
Video time : 22 min + MCQGastroenterology
- The candidates can familiarize themselves with the most commonly used coagulation tests to assess primary haemostasis
Dr. Ludivine BOIRONVideo time : 15 min + MCQDipl. ACVECCEmergency and critical care
- Definition of chronic enteropathy
- Old concepts vs new concepts
- Most common chronic gastroenteropathies in dogs and cats
- What’s new regarding treatment
- Nasotracheal tube: Indications, Technique, Side effects, contrindications
- Endotracheal intubation: Indications, Technique, Side effects, contrindications
- Understand what FCU is.
- Be able to express the limitations of the FCU.
- Recognize the views used in the FCU.
- Know the possible causes of hypocalcaemia
- Know the clinical signs of hypocalcaemia
- Understand the indications of treatment of hypocalcaemia
- Understand the different therapeutic options for the treatment of hypocalcaemia
Video time : 18 min + MCQCardiology
- Type of transfusion reactions
- How to recognize and prevent them
- How to deal with a transfusion reaction
- How to monitor a blood transfusion
- Understand and describe the qualities of a heart murmur
- Understand and give prognostic value to common heart murmur findings in dogs
- Interpret the importance of an auscultation anomaly in cats
- Infuse the patient as soon as possible.
- Pre-oxygenate the patient before induction.
- Avoid aortocaval compression for as long as possible.
- Use local anesthesia.
Dr. Benoit CUQVideo time : 15 min + MCQDipl. ACVIMInternal medicine
- Risk vs benefits of performing general anesthesia on patients with AKI need to be assessed (poor prognosis, 50-60%)
- A balanced anaesthetic protocol should be chosen to reduce the required dose of each individual agent and minimize the potential side effects.
- Use loco-regional techniques whenever possible to reduce the amount of anesthetic drugs and anesthetic depth of the patient.
- Knowing the prognostic factors and treatments of a canine immune-mediated thrombocytopenia
- Undestanding trigeminal anatomy
- Understand skull anatomy
- How to perform useful locoregional blocks
- When to use specific locoregional blocks
Dr. Erika BIANCHINIVideo time : 27 min + MCQDipl. ECVSRespiratory Surgery
- Being familiar with the most important clinical and examination features in spinal patients
- Being able to distinguish a lower motor neuron vs upper motor neuron spinal presentation
Dr. Thomas BRÉMENTVideo time : 20 min + MCQDipl. ECVDDermatology
- Patient assessement
- Surgical techniques
- Management tips
- Know the main available molecules that can be used to deal with a pruritic dog
- Know how to optimize the choice of the molecule to use in case of pruritus in dogs
- The liver is important as it is involved in the production of glucose,albumin,andcoagulation factors.
- The liver metabolizes anesthetic drugs and this can impact anesthetic recovery.
- Glucose is necessary for energy production,brain function and perioepartive stability.
- Anesthetic drugs that are used for patients with liver disease should be short-acting, reversible, or produce minimal cardiovascular and respiratory depression.
- To know the function and some of the anatomic pathway of the glossopharyngeal, vagus, accessory and hypoglossal nerves, and the sympathetic innervation to the eye
- Having a glance at how we can visualise these nerves on advanced imaging.
- Knowing the most important pathologies that may affect these cranial nerves, and Horner, syndrome, their clinical presentation, their diagnosis, treatment and outcome.
- Examples of studies, case series and case reports of neuropathies of the IX, X, XI and XII, and Horner syndrome published in the veterinary literature.