Veterinarian training courses library : Dog / General internal medicine
Dr. Anne-Charlotte BARROTVideo time : 20 min + MCQDipl. ACVIM and ECVIM-CAGeneral internal medicine Laboratory analysis
- Understand magnesium homeostasis
- Understand the diagnostic approach and the management of hypomagnesaemia
- Understand the diagnostic approach and the management of hypermagnesaemia
- Knowing the tests to perform to establish a diagnosis of AHMI
- Namely achieving an agglutination test
- Knowing what causes underlying causes
- Hypoadrenocorticism or Addison's disease is a rare endocrine disease in dogs but lethal if not diagnosed early. However, it has a very good long-term prognosis once stabilization has been achieved.
- What types of hypoadrenocorticism?
- When to suspect Addison's disease in the dog?
- What diagnostic means?
- News on treatments
- Hypothyroidism in dogs is an endocrine pathology inducing a wide variety of symptoms. Its diagnosis can be difficult in the presence of another disease.
- When to suspect hypothyroidism ?
- Diagnosis and "euthyroid sick syndrome"
- Treatment and follow-up
- Laryngeal paralysis: a manifestation of hypothyroidism
- Cushing's disease in dogs remains an endocrine pathology with sometimes laborious diagnosis and expensive treatment. It is associated with undesirable effects that can be harmful or even fatal in the medium term.
- When to suspect Cushing's disease?
- Which diagnostic tests? What is the origin (Pituitary? Adrenal?)?
- What treatments for what cause?
- Is it always necessary to treat?