Veterinarian training courses library : Cat / Theriogenology
- Infuse the patient as soon as possible.
- Pre-oxygenate the patient before induction.
- Avoid aortocaval compression for as long as possible.
- Use local anesthesia.
Video time : 36 min + MCQDiagnostic imaging Theriogenology
- To understand the main difference between dogs and cats during gestation and lactation and how it influences the way you should feed these species.
- How and what to feed a pregnant bitch/queen.
- To recognize important nutrition related disorders during gestation and lactation.
- Know how to recognize a normal ovary according to the cycle of the bitch
- Knowing how to recognize a normal uterus
- Be able to follow follicular evolution on ultrasound
- Know how to take the different fetal measurements
- Know potential indications for assisted reproduction techniques in cats
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of different techniques of semen collection in tomcat
- Know how to detect the optimal time for insemination in the queen
- Know different types of artificial insemination performed in queens
Video time : 36 min + MCQTheriogenology
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of using chilled and frozen semen
- Know how to prepare the semen to produce the least possible damage
- Know centrifugation and extenders’ effects on semen
- Know the duration of use of chilled and frozen semen
- Understand the processes that occurs in spermatozoa during chilling and freezing
Video time : 28 min + MCQTheriogenology Surgery
- Be able to propose an alternative solution to surgical castration
- Know how to use the deslorelin implant with all the necessary precautions
- Know how and the principles of use of melatonin in cats
- Know the risks associated with the different molecules used to chemically sterilize
Video time : 28 min + MCQTheriogenology
- Know the pros and cons of neutering
- Know how to inform the owner
- Know how to decide the right time for my sterilization
- Diagnosing dystocia
- Know the additional examinations to be carried out in case of dystocia
- Know the different conditions for carrying out a medical treatment
- Know the contraindications to the realization of medical treatment
- Know how to set up medical treatment
- Be able to quickly make the right decision