Veterinarian training courses library : Dog / Respiratory
Teaching goals available soonDr. Erika BIANCHINIVideo time : 27 min + MCQDipl. ECVSRespiratory Surgery
Video time : 21 min + MCQRespiratory Anesthesiology and analgesia Hematology biochemistry
- Patient assessement
- Surgical techniques
- Management tips
Video time : 18 min + MCQRespiratory Anesthesiology and analgesia Hematology biochemistry
- Hypoxia is a condition where either all (generalized hypoxia) or a specific part of the body (regional hypoxemia) does not receive or is not able to use adequate oxygen for aerobic metabolism.
- Hypoxemia is a reduction in the concentration of oxygen in arterial blood.
- A PaO2 of <80 mmHg is strictly classed as hypoxaemia, but some classify mild hypoxaemia as PaO2 80–90 mmHg; moderate as 60–80 mmHg; and severe as <60 mmHg.
- Arterial blood gas analysis helps determine: blood pH, blood oxygenation, and blood CO2 carriage
- Venous blood gas analysis can also tell about acid-base status.
- Regulation of pH is required because most biochemical (metabolic) reactions can only occur efficiently within a narrow pH range.
Teaching goals available soon