Veterinarian training courses library : Dog / Hepatology
Dr. Florent DUPLANVideo time : 29 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAHepatology
- Understand the different liver parameters measured on serum biochemistry
- Understand the key concepts in interpreting liver parameters
- The liver is important as it is involved in the production of glucose,albumin,andcoagulation factors.
- The liver metabolizes anesthetic drugs and this can impact anesthetic recovery.
- Glucose is necessary for energy production,brain function and perioepartive stability.
- Anesthetic drugs that are used for patients with liver disease should be short-acting, reversible, or produce minimal cardiovascular and respiratory depression.
- Be able to diagnose hepatic encephalopathy
- Understand the management of acute hepatic encephalopathy
- Understand the management of chronic hepatic encephalopathy