Veterinarian training courses library : Cat / Endocrinology
- Understand the pathophysiology of hypersomatotropism and acromegaly
- Be familiar with the different clinical presentations associated with feline hypersomatotropism
- Be able to diagnose the disease and offer the different treatment options
- Perform correctly a diagnosis of the disease (part 2)
- Be aware of the various treatment options along with the side effects that each can carry
- Discuss the pathophysiology of disease
- Understand the differences between dogs and cats
- Identify the clinical signs
- Perform correctly a diagnosis (part1)
- Diabetes mellitus in cats is a common endocrine disease in this species. It is less easy to diagnose than in dogs, given the stress hyperglycaemia encountered in consultation.
- Stress hyperglycemia in cats
- Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Monitoring blood sugar
- When to suspect hyperthyroidism?
- What diagnostics?
- What treatment?
- Hyperthyroidism and chronic renal failure: a delicate balance
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of hyperthyroid cats