Veterinarian training courses library : Cat / Endocrinology
DV Guillaume RUIZVideo time : 22 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAEndocrinology
DV Magda GEROU-FERRIANIVideo time : 21 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAEndocrinology
- Understand the pathophysiology of hypersomatotropism and acromegaly
- Be familiar with the different clinical presentations associated with feline hypersomatotropism
- Be able to diagnose the disease and offer the different treatment options
DV Magda GEROU-FERRIANIVideo time : 15 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAEndocrinology
- Perform correctly a diagnosis of the disease (part 2)
- Be aware of the various treatment options along with the side effects that each can carry
DV Frédérique BERNAERTSVideo time : 30 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAGeneral internal medicine Endocrinology
- Discuss the pathophysiology of disease
- Understand the differences between dogs and cats
- Identify the clinical signs
- Perform correctly a diagnosis (part1)
DV Frédérique BERNAERTSVideo time : 32 min + MCQDipl. ECVIM-CAInternal medicine Endocrinology
- Diabetes mellitus in cats is a common endocrine disease in this species. It is less easy to diagnose than in dogs, given the stress hyperglycaemia encountered in consultation.
- Stress hyperglycemia in cats
- Diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Monitoring blood sugar
- When to suspect hyperthyroidism?
- What diagnostics?
- What treatment?
- Hyperthyroidism and chronic renal failure: a delicate balance
- Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of hyperthyroid cats