Veterinarian training courses library : Cat / Nutrition
Video time : 29 min + MCQNutrition
- How to identify malnutrition
- When should you start feeding a hospitalized patient
- To learn about the different types of enteral nutrition feeding methods
- To understand what and how to feed to a hospitalized patient
- Pet food trends
- What are alternative diets?
- Myths and misconceptions about alternative diets
- To understand the possible problems related to feeding alternative diets to pets
Video time : 19 min + MCQNutrition
- To understand the main difference between dogs and cats during gestation and lactation and how it influences the way you should feed these species.
- How and what to feed a pregnant bitch/queen.
- To recognize important nutrition related disorders during gestation and lactation.
Video time : 25 min + MCQNutrition
- Recognition of common mistakes associated with the nutrition of puppies and kittens
- How to practically know when there is excess or deficiency of calories/nutrients in the patient’s diet
- How to understand and use of the growth curve charts
Video time : 21 min + MCQNutrition
- Recognition of RER, MER and DER, When and how to use
- Differences in energy requirements for dogs and cats
- Energy requirement during activity, puppies/kittens and reproduction state
- Recognition of the importance of BCS and MCS systems
- How to correctly evaluate BCS and MCS
- Different methods to evaluate BCS
- How to use the BCS to calculate the pets’ ideal body weight
- Recognition of the importance of including a nutritional anamnesis during the consultation
- What questions should be included
- How to formulate questions to assist in gathering information
- Tools that can be used to make the clinician's life easier
- The osteoarthritic cat must benefit from a varied therapy including feeding. The nutritionist's objective is to target 3 points of attention
- body weight management
- dietary composition (and the appropriateness of using nutritional supplements)
- adaptations to be made in cats suffering concomitantly from other chronic diseases.
- Understand what a cereal-free diet is
- Know how to differentiate between cereal-free, gluten-free and starch-free diets
- Know whether there are any indications for a cereal-free diet.